The GoTeachKY team is seeking in-service teachers to help recruit the next generation of Kentucky educators and ensure that all students across the Commonwealth have equitable access to effective educators.
These ambassadors have three goals:
- Communicate with and inspire students in high school and college to consider teaching as a career.
- Communicate with potential and current teachers to positively capture the rewards and opportunities associated with a career in teaching.
- Support and promote the central focus areas, programs, and organizations of GoTeachKY, such as Educators Rising and the Teaching and Learning Career Pathway.
To be eligible for the GoTeachKY Ambassador program, participants shall:
- Hold a valid Kentucky teaching certificate in good standing with Education Professional Standards Board (EPSB)
- Hold a teaching position in a Kentucky public school (and anticipate being employed in this role during the next school year)
- Have at least four years of experience as a teacher, principal or other certified school staff member, up to and including the current school year
- Have daily meaningful interaction with students and educators in his/her school role
- Be proficient in using social media platforms
- Have strong written and oral communication skills
Desirable applicants also have one or more of the following:
- A history of demonstrable and meaningful impact on student outcomes and school success (e.g. National Board Certification, Teacher of the Year, AP exam pass rates, etc.)
- A record of leadership in school and community settings
- Experience with outreach activities and/or project management skills
- Support from school, community and other educational leaders
- Five or more years in the current district in which you work
Are you ready to apply? Visit bit.ly/GTKYAmbApp to get started today!
Learn about the inaugural class of GoTeachKY Ambassadors here.
For more information, please contact Justin Edwards at the Kentucky Department of Education.