Skip to content

Changing careers?

Many people struggle with finding a job or are unfulfilled in their current job. If you are considering a career change, and you want to empower and inspire generations of change – one student at a time, Kentucky has alternative pathways in place so you can use your professional knowledge in a classroom.

An individual who has exceptional work experience can receive a one year provisional certificate with approval by the Education Professional Standards Board.

Additionally, a person who has expertise in areas such as art, music, foreign language, drama, science, computer science, and other specialty areas may be employed as an adjunct instructor in a part-time position
by a local board of education

Contact the Kentucky Department of Education’s Office of Education and Licensure at (502) 564-1479 for more information.