Class of 2024 GoTeachKY Ambassador Recruitment
***Application window closed on September 30, 2023. All candidates will be notified of acceptance status by email no later than Friday, October 6, 2023.***
Looking for a way to elevate the teaching profession and help ensure that all of Kentucky’s students have access to an effective educator? Be a GoTeachKY Ambassador!
We are opening our application for our 2024 Class of GoTeachKY Ambassadors on August 15, 2023! Make sure to check on Tuesday, August 15th to access the link to apply! The application window will close on September 30, 2023, so make sure you apply as soon as possible. More details coming soon. See below for our mission, goals, and the requirements to become a GoTeachKY Ambassador!
The mission of GoTeachKY, an initiative of the Kentucky Department of Education, is to ensure that all students across the Commonwealth have equitable access to effective educators. GoTeachKY seeks to recruit the next generation of teachers in Kentucky, helping remedy the critical teacher shortage that affects every state in the U.S.
- Communicate with and inspire students in high school and college to consider teaching as a career.
- Communicate with potential and current teachers to positively capture the rewards and opportunities associated with a career in teaching.
- Support and promote the central focus areas, programs and organizations of GoTeachKY, such as Educators Rising and the Teaching and Learning career pathway.
To be eligible for the GoTeachKY Ambassador program, participants must:
- Hold a valid Kentucky teaching certificate in good standing with Education Professional Standards Board (EPSB)
- Hold a teaching position in a Kentucky public school (and anticipate being employed in this role during the next school year)
- Have at least four years of experience as a teacher, principal or other certified school staff member, up to and including the current school year
- Have daily meaningful interaction with students and educators in his/her school role
- Be proficient in using social media platforms
- Have strong written and oral communication skills
- Be able to attend a minimum of 80% of monthly meetings
- Be able to attend the state Educators Rising Competition on March 6, 2024 in Louisville, KY.
- Identify a project related to teacher development or retention in your school/district that you are willing to work on and speak about to the group during meetings.
- Ambassadors will receive a $75 monthly stipend with opportunities to earn additional compensation.
To apply click on the link, GoTeachKY Ambassador Application
For more information, please email Justin Edwards at the Kentucky Department of Education.